THESE RANGE OF GAMES OFFER GREAT OPPORTUNITIES FOR PARTIES, SCHOOL EVENTS AND FOR THE GENERAL HIRE MARKET
- Straight Race - Requires one Roller Racer per team. One at a time, each team member races a member of the other team. For a relay, place half of each team at different ends and let each member ride one way handing off the Roller Racer to the next member in line on the other end, until all team members have raced. For extra Excitement, have members carry a baton while the ride, passing it on to the next rider as they finish.
- Slalom Race - Requires one Roller Racer per team. Place all team members at the same end, and lay out cones in front of them in a straight line. Each member rides all the way back and forth, weaving in and out of the cones, and circling around the last cone, racing back to his/her team to hand off the Roller Racer to the next member in line, until all members have raced.
- Backward Crab Walk Race - Requires one Roller Racer per team. Each rider sits on the Roller Racer in a backwards “crab walk” position, placing hands on the grips for steering. Each member propels the scooter by pushing off the ground with his/her feet. For a relay, place half of each team at different ends, and have them hand off the Roller Racer to the next member in line.
- Ball Race - Requires one Roller Racer per team. Each team member holds a ball between their knees as they race, passing the ball and the Roller Racer off to the next member.
- Push Race - Requires one Roller Racer per team. The team members space themselves in a straight line to make the course. Each member takes a turn pushing the rider with one hand in the small of the rider’s back. The pushers must stay in place, and may sit or stand while pushing the rider. The rider goes around the line twice before handing off the scooter to the next member in line and taking place of that person. Two teams can race each other, forming their own lines.
- Circle Race - Requires one Roller Racer per team. Each team makes a circle of its own with a Roller Racer place in the middle of the circle. Each team member is given a number. The coach the calls out a number, and that member runs to where the Roller Racer is and exits the circle on the Roller Racer through the space where he/she was seated. Each rider then races around their circle and back into the middle of the circle where they started. A team gets a point for each time its member is the first to return to the middle.
- Jersey Race - Requires one Roller Racer per team. Start the relay with the first member putting on a jersey or T-shirt and wearing it while riding down to the next member, then taking it off and handing it to that member who does the same thing, and so on. Each member must completely wear the shirt. The race is over when the last member removes the shirt/Jersey.
- Roller Balloon - Each team attempts to keep the balloon in the air, by hitting it with their hands while maneuvering around the area on Roller RacersÒ. The team that keeps the balloon in the air the longest without allowing it to touch the ground gets a point. To add to the difficulty, don’t allow the same player to hit the balloon twice in a row. To add to the excitement, have each team start behind a line, and advance the balloon across another line without letting it touch the ground.
- Roller Tag - This game is played the same way as regular tag, except that each player is riding on a Roller Racer while playing.
- Roller Polo - This game is played like floor hockey, but using shorter sticks and a tennis ball. Each player rides the Roller Racer seated, with their feet on the handlebars while playing.
- Roller Basketball - This game is played as basketball except that each participant is riding on a Roller Racer while playing using a Rimball basket.
- Ultimate Roller Frisbee - Using a Frisbee or a football, each player is riding on a Roller Racer while playing. The Frisbee or football is advanced by throwing it to the other team members. The player holding it cannot advance on his/her own. He/she must come to a stop after each catch, and then advance it by throwing it to another team member. It is okay to throw forward or backward, as long as a team member catches it. The goal is to cross a touchdown line without letting the Frisbee or football touch the ground or be intercepted by the other team. If it does touch the ground, the Frisbee or football automatically goes to the other team.
Requires one Roller Racer per team. Create an obstacle course for individual or team competition, or just for fun. Use cones, make tunnels using chairs with something over them, and use other obstacles to weave around. Obstacle courses may be timed for competition.
SYNCHRONIZED ROLLER RACER
Two or three riders create synchronized movements on the Roller Racer --side to side figure eights, and other patterns that they can do together. This requires one Roller Racer for each participant, and it is quite fun!
Safety Note: always ride in the seated position!